Sarasota County Technical Institute is located in Sarasota, Florida at 4748 Beneva Road. The campus can be reached from Proctor Road and sits right on South Gate Ridge. Bee Ridge Park is located a few blocks away as is Red Bug Slough. Sarasota Village is just down the road from the campus.
The Sarasota County Technical Institute offers a paramedic certificate course that consists of 1100 hours and takes 11 months to finish. The program is a combination of classroom lectures, labs, and clinical rotations, which take place at local hospitals.
The entrance dates for the program are in August and February. A completed application and scheduled interview with an instructor before the entrance date is required. It is recommended to apply well in advance of the start dates as the classes typically fill up very quickly.
The following steps must be taken in order to be considered for the paramedic program:
- Complete a Health Science Application
- TABE scores must be at minimum level of 11l for reading, math, and language
- Obtain a complete and clear criminal background check
Applicants must also have the following on file:
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Proof of Rubella immunity
- Physical examination
- TB test
- Copy of current CPR card
- Copy of EMT Certification card
- Completed anatomy and physiology course before clinical rotations.
For more information about the program you may contact James Wright, Program Director at 941-924-1365 extension 372 or 452. You may also email Anthony Rosa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration information you may contact an SCTI counselor at 941-924-1365 extension 62286.