The SAC EMS Academy paramedic school offers students the necessary courses for certification at the highest level of EMT paramedic. The SAC EMS Academy is located in San Antonio, Texas at 1300 San Pedro Ave. The campus is directly across from San Pedro Park, which is easy to locate just off highway 537.
The paramedic program offered through the SAC EMS Academy consists of three phases. The first phase contains three sections and a clinical component. The second phase of the program consists of two phases and a clinical component. The third and final phase consists of three sections and a clinical component. Students that want to participate in the program are responsible for taking the three phases and registering for the clinical components of each.
• The Emergency Medical Technician-Basic Level I Certificate consists of two semesters for a total of 16 credits.
• The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic Level I consists of 4 semesters, the total credit hours being 42.
• The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic, AAS degree program is 5 semesters with the Degree Requirements to be a total of 60-64 credit hours.
Students must be certified with EMT – Basic National Registry prior to applying for training for paramedic.
Spring and Fall admission to the college is available, and admission advisors are on hand Monday – Thursday.
Enrollment into the paramedic program offered through the SAC EMS academy requires prospective students to:
• Be a high school graduate or possess a GED
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Proof of all immunization records, which must be current
• Have a current and valid driver’s license
• Possess a current CPR certification at the health care provider level
• Pass a criminal background check
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the program
For more information and registration, you may contact Jeff Bailey via email at email@example.com.