The Health Career Institute is located in Lake Worth, Florida at 1926 10th Avenue, Suite 106. The building is located a few blocks away from Interstate 95 at the corner of 10th and North Detroit Street. It is easily accessible from the interstate. The Fun Depot and Bulk Candy Store are located across the street from the Institute.
The Health Care Institute offers a paramedic certificate program that can be used towards and Associate’s degree in EMS. The program is intended for individuals that wish to complete the paramedic core curriculum in order to be eligible to for certification in the state of Florida.
The course consists of lectures, labs, and rotations in hospitals and fire stations.
The following items are required for any individual that wishes to enroll in the paramedic program:
- Must have valid EMT certification in the state of Florida
- Have current CPR certification at the healthcare provider level
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have physical health clearance from a physician and provide all health forms as found in application packet.
- Have a valid drivers license or photo ID
- Pay the first semester’s tuition
Enrollment in the program is granted on a first come first serve basis.
If you would like more information about the paramedic program offered through the Health Care Institute you may contact the school at 561-644-3989. The program director is Tina Palermo. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.