Valencia Community College is located in Orlando, Florida. The address of the school is 1800 South Kirkman Road, which is also highway 435. The college campus sits on Lake Pamela. There is a Walmart Supercenter located within a few blocks of the campus.
Students that are interested in the paramedic certificate program offered through Valencia Community College are encouraged to discuss their options with a Health Sciences Advisor for assistance. Admission into the college does not guarantee a spot in the paramedic program as it is a limited access program.
The paramedic program consists of 42 credit hours that consist of classroom instruction, labs, clinical rotations, and field experience. The estimated cost for the program is $5500. This includes the cost of tuition, uniforms, immunizations, background check, special course fees, and certifications. This does not include the cost of books or the cost of the 20 additional credit hours needed to complete the associate’s degree. For students who recently completed the EMT program through the college the cost will be less as the background check, drug test, and immunizations will already be on file.
The following items must be submitted prior to beginning the program:
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting
- Drug test
- Physical Examination forms
- Immunization records
- Must attend mandatory orientation
- Must submit a Valencia college application and be an active student
- Must submit verification of EMT certification or completion of credit hours in an EMT certification program from an accredited school
- Verification of Florida EMT license
- Must have a GPA above 2.0
- Must submit the Paramedic program application and required fee prior to the deadline.
For more information about the program you can reach the Health Sciences Career Program Advisor at 407-582-1288. You may also visit the schools website at valenciacollege.edu/west/health.