Atlanta Technical College has an EMT paramedic training program that offers students the necessary courses for certification at the EMT-Basic level on through to paramedic.
Atlanta Technical College is located in Atlanta, Georgia at 1560 Metropolitan Pky SW. The college can be reached off Highway 401. It is located on the road that is Highway 19 and 41. Interstate 75 runs right by the campus of the school as well. Directly across from the campus is Perkerson Park. Emma Milican Park is located nearby as well.
Atlanta Technical College offers an EMT paramedic education which providing graduates with a Paramedic Technology diploma. Students who successfully complete the paramedic program are eligible to sit for the state licensing examination and the Registry Emergency Medical Technician Examination (NREMT).
- must have a valid driver’s license
- have a high school diploma or the equivalent
- must be 18 years of age
- pass a physical examination
- must pass a background check
- must have current immunization records
- must pass drug screening – and stay drug free
- must be EMT certified prior to entering paramedic program
- may not have received a dishonorable military discharge
- must have successfully completed ENG 101 or take the college placement exam and score into ENG 101
- must hold a current CPR card
Additionally, students must first apply for and meet all of the application requirements of Atlanta Technical College. Furthermore, students must have a current EMT 1 certification and health care provider CPR certification for entrance into the paramedic courses.
After acceptance into the program students may have to submit a criminal background check and a drug screening prior to any clinical rotations as required by the program.
For more information you may contact Geraldine Falls, the Program Manager in here office at the Academic Building, Room 39. She may be reached by phone at 404-225-4601 or by email at email@example.com.