Mendocino Community College offers students the necessary courses for certification at the highest level of paramedic. Mendocino Community College is located at 1000 Hensley Creek Road in Ukiah, California. The campus is around 3 miles north from the downtown area of Ukiah. It is about a half an hour away from the ocean and around 2 hours north of the city of San Francisco.
The paramedic courses offered through the college is a certificate program that meets the standards set by the state of California. Upon completion of this course, a student will be eligible to sit for the paramedic licensing examination.
The paramedic education program offered through Mendocino Community College is a five-semester course. A student can begin the course in the fall, spring, or summer sessions, depending on the classes that are available at the time. Students can register for the program online at www.mendocino.edu. The program consists of 34 units, 18 units of didactic or in class training, 4 units clinical training, 10 units of field internship training and both advanced and pediatric life support training, which consist of 1 unit each.
- must have a valid driver’s license
- have a high school diploma or the equivalent
- must be 18 years of age
- pass a physical examination
- must pass a background check
- must have current immunization records
- must pass drug screening – and stay drug free
- must be EMT certified prior to entering paramedic program
- may not have received a dishonorable military discharge
- must hold a current CPR card
1000 Hensley Creek Road
Ukiah, CA 95482