Indian River Community College is located in Fort Pierce, Florida at 3209 Virginia Avenue. Virginia Avenue is also Highway 70. South 35th street, South 30th Street and North Cortez Boulevard surround the campus. Lawnwood Park and Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute for General Information are located a few blocks away from the campus.
The paramedic program offered through Indian River Community College is a 10 month certificate program that provides both classroom and laboratory experience. In addition, students will participate in intensive ambulance and hospital rotations.
In order to apply for and be accepted into the paramedic certificate program as offered by the college students must meet the following requirements:
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED
2. Must have a current Florida EMT certification.
3. Must complete the Survey of the Human Body or Anatomy II and Lab with a grade of a C or better before being accepted into the program.
4. Must complete the Health Science Paramedic Program Application.
5. Must complete the Paramedic Performance Standard Form
6. Must have Acceptable CPT scores
7. Students must submit copies of certifications including Florida EMT card, Florida Drivers License, Current CPR card, EVOC
8. Must pass a drug screening and a criminal background check, including fingerprints
For more information about the program you may contact Tera Barnes at 772-462-7563 or 1-866-792-4772. You may also reach her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The number for the campus is 772-462-4471 and the schools website is www.ircc.cc.fl.us.