St. Luke’s Healthcare EMS Education center is located at 2521Sunset Avenue in Utica, New York. The campus is easily reached off Genesee St. The St. Elizabeth Medical Center is located a few blocks away. Dix Mix Memorial Field that is just off French Road is nearby as well.
The paramedic education program that is offered through St. Luke’s Healthcare – Faxton is a partnership program with HCCC. The course consists of 70 credit hours that result in an AAS degree. The program will take approximately two years to complete.
The course consists of classroom hours, clinical rotations and a field internship. Students will work clinical rotations at the hospital in various departments.
Applicants for the paramedic program must meet all of the general requirements that are listed in the HCCC catalog. Admission into the program is by selective committee. In addition to the college entrance requirements, students interested in the paramedic program must provide the following information as well:
- Applicants must have a clear criminal background check.
- Must complete a health evaluation form and submit the form that is completed by a NYS licensed physician. All required immunizations must be included as well.
- Applicants must agree to abide by the policies of the program as set by HCCC, St. Luke’s, the paramedic courses, and the NYS Department of Health.
- Show proof of appropriate health insurance.
- Appropriate uniforms must be purchased and worn throughout the program.
For more information about the program you may contact the Business, Health, and Science division of the college toll free at 1-888-GO-4-HCCC ext 8230 or locally at 315-866-0300.