The Coconino Community College EMT paramedic training program offers students the necessary courses for certification at the highest level of EMT paramedic. A paramedic training certificate program and an Associate of Applied Science in Paramedical degree is offered through Coconino Community College. This EMT paramedic program meets the standards set forth by the U.S. Department of Transportation National Standard Training and the state of Arizona and prepares students to meet the requirements to gain state approved certification as outlined by the current National Registry Emergency Medical Technician Standards Exam.
Coconino Community College (CCC) was established in Flagstaff, Arizona in 1991 and currently serves several counties and surrounding areas. The training program is held at the Flagstaff Fourth Street Campus, in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Coconino Community College offers several EMS courses and programs.
1. EMS 100 (3) – Emergency Medical Services First Response Training Course. This consists of 2 lectures and 2 labs.
2. EMS 105 (4) – Wilderness First Responder. Consists of 4 lectures.
3. EMS 131 (8) – Emergency Medical Technician. 8 Lectures for EMT certification.
4. EMS 211 (2) – Emergency Medical Technician Refresher. This requires EMT certification and may be repeated for additional credit as an exception to general college policy; maximum of six credits in EMS 211 may apply toward a degree. This course consists of 2 lectures.
5. EMS 262 (47) – Certified Emergency Paramedic courses. This program, if successfully completed, provides the student with EMT paramedic certification. Prerequisites include 1 year of Certified EMT-Basic and course FSC 138 – Hazardous Materials First Responder. This program consists of 27 lectures and forty labs.
• must have a valid driver’s license
• must be 18 years of age
• must pass a background check
• must have current immunization records
• must pass drug screening
• must be EMT certified prior to entering paramedic program
• may not have received a dishonorable military discharge
• must have successfully completed ENG 101 or take the college placement exam and score into ENG 101
• must hold a current CPR card
The paramedic certification courses include both didactic and clinical skill experiences. This program provides high excellence for education in the ability and science of pre-hospital advanced life support EMS care. It is 47 credit hours in length, resulting in an Associate’s Degree. These 47 credit hours will include: anatomy and physiology, principles of microbiology, theory of patient assessment, management and operations assessment, theory of paramedic essentials to include airway management and ventilation, medical, OB/GYN, neonatal, behavior and trauma emergencies, and emergency medical services operations.
Fall and Spring semesters run August through mid-May: Monday-Thursday 7:30am-9:00pm
Summer Semester runs mid-May through July: Monday-Thursday 7:00am-5:00pm (closed Fridays during summer schedules)
Individuals interested in Coconino Community College may register and apply online, or in person. CCC is open to any person for regular, special or non-credit admission. After completing the application process you will next meet with a CCC adviser who can assist you in a degree plan, and paramedic training course schedules. Following the advisor placement plan, you will need to take placement exams. One those exams are completed you will be able to plan your class scheduling.
The school also offers scholarships, Tribal scholarships, grants and financial aid, as well as working with VA eligibility for veterans.
For more information you may contact the Fourth Street Campus: 3000 N. Fourth St., Flagstaff, AZ 86004-18925. Phone: 928-526-7600 or 800-350-7122. Admissions/Registration Phone: 928-526-7613