Weatherford College is located at 225 College Park Drive in Weatherford, Texas. The campus is easily accessible off highway 171. You can reach College Park Drive off South Main Street. The Hill Crest Cemetery is across the street from the school.
Weatherford offers a paramedic certificate course as well as an associated degree. The certificate course is completed after 45 semester hours and the associate degree requires 69/70 credit hours to complete. Both paramedic programs are broken down into semesters and take about two years to complete.
The cost per credit hour for students living in the district is $71. For students living out of district the cost is $107 and for out of state residents the cost per credit hour is $162.
Students must first meet all of the requirements for admission into Weatherford College. However, this does not mean that the student will be admitted into any of the Public Safety Professions Programs. There are a very limited number of spots available and students will be chosen for the program based on their reading levels, math abilities, other educational achievements, health status and their criminal history. After acceptance into the program, students will be required to submit additional information and meet additional requirements such as:
- proof of a valid driver’s license
- a high school diploma or the equivalent
- must be 18 years of age
- pass a physical examination
- must pass a background check
- must have current immunization records
- must pass drug screening – and stay drug free
- must be EMT certified prior to entering paramedic program
- may not have received a dishonorable military discharge
- must have successfully completed ENG 101 or take the college placement exam and score into ENG 101
- must hold a current CPR card
For more specific information about the application process and deadlines you may contact Anita Garcia at 817-598-6347.
For more information about the EMS programs contact Greg Martin, the EMS Program Coordinator at 817-598-6234.
You may also contact Steve Malley, the Department Chair at 817-598-6347 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.