The paramedic-training program that is offered through Napa Valley College takes place at the Canyon Fire Protection District Training Facility. This facility is located at 225 James Rd. in American Canyon, California. The location is within a block of Noah’s Ark Christian School.
A new paramedic class begins every fall semester in August. The paramedic course program is limited to the first 24 applicants who complete all of the necessary requirements. Acceptance into the program is on a first come, first serve basis, which means the earlier you get your application filled out and turned in, the better. The application deadline for the program is May 19th. Applications can be sent to:
Admissions c/o Margarita Ceja
2277 Napa Vallejo Highway
Napa, CA 94558
The paramedic EMT classes meets two days a week and students may earn either a certificate or an associate’s degree. Both programs prepare students for the NREMT certification examination.
- must have a valid driver’s license
- have a high school diploma or the equivalent
- must be 18 years of age
- pass a physical examination
- must pass a background check
- must have current immunization records
- must pass drug screening – and stay drug free
- must have current certification as an EMT I
- must have EMT 95 certification with a grade of a B or higher
- may not have received a dishonorable military discharge
- must have successfully completed Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of a C or better, or Anatomy and Biology, with a C or better
- must hold a current CPR card
- must provide verification from your employer of at least 2000 hours of work experience within the past three years
In addition, a student must provide two letters of recommendation.
For questions or further information, or to schedule an appointment, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 312(707) 256-4596.